Office 2010 will reach its end of support on October 13, 2020. If you haven't already begun to upgrade your Office 2010 environment, we recommend you start looking at doing it soon.
- Protected Preview has been added to Impersonation Protection in Mimecast for Outlook.
- When a message has been identified as 'Suspicious' by Impersonation Protection policies that have the 'Tag Header' configured within the definition, the Protected Preview is activated.
- The protected preview alerts users when they attempt to download any files attached to the message or click on a link.
- Protected Preview can be enabled via Application Settings.
Support for the following languages has been added:
- Search terms highlighting - Only keywords from search terms are now highlighted.
- Issue causing items to be remain in Outbox in certain circumstances has been resolved.
- Search bar within Outlook now working when using Windows 10 build 1903.
- Add-In conflict – Microsoft Teams: An issue causing Outlook to crash has been resolved.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are happy to announce that BatchRecorder has been updated to v26 and as soon as Sage releases Sage v26 2020 as an automatic update, we'll start rolling out updates for BatchRecorder as well.
If you have any question regarding BatchRecorder or LocationRecorder give us a call on 01925 751 100.
LocationRecorder will soon follow the update to v26(2020). Make sure you keep checking.
As Sage 50 2020 update is just around the corner, we are working on bringing out an update to our BatchRecorder and LocationRecorder as well. The updates should be available within next couple of days but we suggest that you wait with the update until you have Sage 50 v26 installed on your PC.
If you are struggling and don't know which version of Sage or Batch/LocationRecorder you are currently using contact us, our helpful Technical team will be able to help you with finding this information out.
Make sure you check back here when your Sage 50 gets updated to see if BatchRecorder/LocationRecorder has been released yet.
Why can't Sage 50 2020 and older versions of Sage 50 or Sage 50c be installed on the same computer?
The Pervasive License Check for Sage 50 US versions 2018.2 and earlier specifically look for a Pervasive version 11 license key. When Sage 50 US 2020 is installed, Pervasive will upgrade to version 13 Actian Zen on the machine. As part of this upgrade, Pervasive/Actian makes the v11 keys inactive, leaving the new v13 keys. This will cause any earlier version of Sage 50 to no longer work as it will not have the proper key.
Why is Sage Upgrading from Pervasive v11 to Actian Zen (v13)?
Actian Zen v13 offers better Windows 10 compatibility and support coupled with improvements to the Sage 50 installation process which should result in fewer installation issues. Another benefit is that Sage 50 2020 enables updates to activation that should significantly reduce broken keys that causes the need to reactivate the software.
What if I need to maintain older versions of Sage 50?
In an effort to avoid any interruption to your business operations we recommend planning your 2020 upgrade / install, acquiring necessary equipment needed to run the different versions of Sage 50 on separate machines, and/or running Virtual Machines like VMware.
If you are interested in upgrading to Sage 50 or Sage 50c (cloud) 2020 call 01925 751 100 or email us with any questions. Alternatively, if you do need to keep older versions of Sage and need to upgrade contact us now to acquire a 2019 Sage 50 software product.
If you receive a text message to an apple device with an Indian symbol on it then please do not open it. The message contains a bug that will crash the device and disable apps like Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Outlook and Gmail. Apple are working on a security fix that will be included in the next iOS update.